Wednesday 20 April 2022

More French line infantry

Latest French line battalion, couldn't identify the marching figures as the bases had been filed so no catalogue number, but they look like original HH. They were all "elites", but I filed off the epaulettes and sabre-briquet and the corresponding cross-belt to make them fusiliers. The Grenadiers and Voltigeurs are HH originals, the eagle bearer is a conversion from the officer figure.

*edit* I think the marching figures are FN/9 Grenadier marching, or possibly DK versions of same.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one, I'm also currently working on a French Line Battalion but my painting style is best described as glacial. Also I think almost all the figures DKs rather than real HHs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW I meant mine are almost certainly all DKs, not yours.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Dave! I think you're right about the FN9s. There never was a DK version of that figure, as far as I'm aware.

    ReplyDelete