Tuesday 21 June 2022

More light relief

 Just completed a French Light battalion, haven't decided on which specific unit they represent, TBH I really only do that with British units, maybe a bit chauvinistic? Or just the fact that facing colours do identify historic regiments in the British army and I'm familiar with that, while French infantry are a bit more anonymous. I should maybe do a bit more research, Whatever, here are a couple of pics. HH figures apart from the flank companies, which are early Minifigs, and the eagle bearer is a conversion from an early Minifigs officer. The drummer is (I think) a Newline cast.




8 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed…
    I do like the Napoleonic French Light Infantry uniforms .

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, I also like the Legere uniforms. This is my second unit of these guys, roughly 1812-815. The first was more 1809-1812. But I don't let historical accuracy get in the way of completing a unit that looks OK on the table. I would describe my approach as "Napoleonique" rather than "Napoleonic", but I think that term might be subject to copyright (Lets not go there!).

      Delete
  2. I've been reading Crowdy's book on the 9th Legere "Incomparable". Can't go wrong designating them as the 9th! But of course the 6th had some pretty amazing exploits as well. Hmmm. Those are great looking troops and should fight hard for you no matter what number is attached to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must read that book! Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
    2. It's been a fun read so far. Very different from other battalion histories I have read. This is David by the way of Miniature Minions, my browser decided to list me as a anonymous for some reason so have switched to Chrome.

      Delete
  3. Surely you can just read which regiment they are from their standard? ;o)
    But if we're going nominate our favourites I'll put in a vote for the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I wish my eyesight was better and my hand more steady, then I might be able to paint readable standards. Until then they will be the squiggle'th Legere. My Triskaidekaphobia prevents me from naming them the 13th.

      Delete
    2. I cheat and use a Profipen (0.1) for the writing and just go over it loosely with gold paint on a fine brush.

      Delete