Friday 11 January 2019

Fifth of Five

The last two weeks I have been working on a unit of French Line Lancers.
As these are the fifth French unit I've painted as part of this project I decided to paint them in the facing colours of the 5th Regiment. The PVA glue sticking the flock to the bases is still not dry and it shows in these pictures, it'll dry clear in a couple of hours. All original HH OPCs ,which I do prefer to the 'dismountable' series, even if the groinal area of the riders is a little difficult to reach with a paintbrush.




7 comments:

  1. That'[s a really nice unit. Will you be converting command for them? The lancer is one of the easier conversions as there is no carbine to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few spare figures, one day I may get round to doing some command conversions, for the moment I'm concentrating on getting the rank and file done. Thanks for the kind comments.






      Delete
  2. Again lovely work - I too like OPCs despite the difficulties accessing some parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly getting the nack for painting these old figures. These are nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark, The old painting mojo is coming back after 30 years, looking back on my efforts from 18 months ago I feel like putting them in a bleach bath and starting over. But that wouldn't help me get through the leadpile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. I have a unit of these in the lead like so perhaps they should be moved up!

    ReplyDelete