Thursday 18 January 2018

HintonHull hiatus

I was hoping my January post would include pictures of a couple more finished units ,unfortunately I can't physically get anywhere near my painting desk because the hobby room currently looks like this!


We're getting the bathroom updated and this is the only space where the fitter can store his stuff.
When this work is done we'll be 80% of the way to completing the house renovation, which is currently into the second year of what was supposed to be a six month project. I will have to devote some effort into completing the last 20% , so I'll be painting walls, ceilings and woodwork instead of wargame figures for a few weeks.

The upside is that the hobby room is double the size it was a year ago, which means I actually have room for a wargame table. Just need to negotiate with the long suffering OH to let me extend it from it's current 4x4 feet to 6x4 feet and I'll be a happy bunny.

Belated happy new year to all!

5 comments:

  1. We were fortunate enough to be able to buy the next house whilst still living n the okd one.nBuilder told us in April that we would be in by September.......in the end we moved in the following April and work continued ( on a diminishing basis) until the subsequent September. Builders have learnt that thenmportant thing is to get henold stuff ripped ou...they have you then and they control the timescales.đŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterloo refight?

    Tony S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another chance to see Boney's ambitions go down the pan....

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete