Wednesday 10 July 2019

Conversion WIP

I haven't posted on this blog for 3 months now as I've been busy with a conversion project. Unfortunately it isn't one that can be done with Green Stuff and solder.
The conversion in question is me having my nose re-built from scratch after having most of it removed following a diagnosis of skin cancer. This is the current situation after 7 surgical procedures.


As you can see I can't wear my specs so painting is out of the question. The next procedure is scheduled for next week, hopefully this will be my last major operation and I can start painting again after a few weeks of recovery. It's so frustrating getting a lot of time off work and not being able to do anything productive! Also this is the second time round with this series of operations, the first was in Autumn last year but the results were 'sub-optimal'. If the outcome isn't any better this time I might suggest that the surgeon does a head-swap! My OH's choice for a donor head would be Johnny Depp, but I think he might not have finished with it yet.




6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't go for a Depp, Dave: he doesn't have an ounce of your style.

    Please accept my most profound regards and my very best wishes for your speedy recovery.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WM, the OH's second choice would probably be Alan Rickman. I could live with that.

      Delete
  2. Kudos on your attitude! Very best wishes for a full recovery. The figures will be patiently awaiting your return to painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, really appreciate that!

      Delete
  3. Gosh it's been awhile I do hope all is going well as your posts have been much missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, It's been a strange old year, I didn't realise it's been so long since I posted anything on the blog. I'll rectify that immediately!

      Delete