Saturday 11 August 2018

First French Finished

First French infantry unit finished, a light infantry battalion, which I'm designating as the 17th Legere, not based on any definitive research, but they have to have a name. I recall from my general reading that the 17th served from Lodi to the 100 days, so that will do for now.





These are Hinton Hunt original castings, apart from the eagle-bearer (Alberken / early Minifigs) and the horn player (not sure of the make, here's a pic before I flocked the base, maybe someone recognises it?)



I've based them in twos and ones so they can be deployed in open or close order, I think this is a good compromise, because although most Napoleonic light infantry were employed tactically the same as line infantry I like to have the option to diverge from historical practice if I so wish.

7 comments:

  1. The Lights are the loveliest, Dave! Are those HH Guard voltigeurs you've used for the chasseurs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be 100% sure what they are Matt, the bases had been filed down so no catalogue number visible.

      Delete
  2. A nice looking unit. The Hornist looks like a later 25mm minifigs figure.

    Are you doing more French next ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, concentrating on French and their allies now Mark. I've got enough British & allied troops for a decent small game, want to get some opposition ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smart looking unit - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I support Mark's contention on the parentage of the hornist! Neat unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. The hornist is Minifigs S Range probably FN49s.

    ReplyDelete