Friday 3 November 2017

Easy as A, B , C


In my last post I indicated I hadn't had much time for painting recently due to my horse riding activities and other stuff, so this week I've concentrated on re-furbishing some already painted figures I acquired from eBay. They just needed a slight touch-up and a coat of gloss varnish before basing / flocking, and here is the result.

I'm designating them RHA troops A, B and C.
I don't have enough draught horses, limbers and drivers for these yet, that said my playing surface is only 4ft x 4ft so it will look a little less cluttered without horse teams.

I also have a couple of Foot Artillery crews ready to paint, by mounting gunners individually rather than gluing them to the gun base I can mix and match to suit the scenario.

Cheers

Dave

7 comments:

  1. They look really smart! Are those Hinchcliffe guns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe they are Hinchcliffe 9 pdrs, I also have a couple of howitzers to re-furb

      Delete
  2. Are they 20mm or 25mm Hinchciffe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, not sure, never having owned either back in the day. I'm guessing from the wheel height they may be 20mm. These original HH crew seem to be a good fit scale-wise. HH guns tended to be on the small size I seem to remember.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done, Dave.
    I'd say those were Hinchliffe 20mm without a doubt. The 25mm versions are quite a bit larger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The acid test (?) is how the models fit together - if they have actual trunnions cast on the barrels, and these sit in grooves in the trail cheeks, then they are Hinch 25s. If the trunnions are cast on the trail, and the barrel attaches by means of "bumps" on the inside faces of the trail cheeks which fit into "dimples" in the sides of the barrel, then they are Hinch 20. It is thus.

      If anyone doesn't know, by the way, Old John has just about the whole of the Hinchliffe 20mm equipment range available - get in touch with him if you like them!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Dave - I forgot to say how much I liked the painted artillery units - beautifully done!

      Delete